6.3

Ran 6.3 miles this morning - temperatures hovering below 20 degrees but the sky a brilliant shade of blue. As I set off on my run I was debating my selection of clothing; this was my first run this season in below freezing temperatures. There is a certain beauty in a crisp winter morning that is unparalleled. D- bagged on me, but I didn't mind. I needed some alone time to sort out my thoughts and to gain some perspective. This morning I was thinking about perseverance. There was an older gentleman in his pine green sweat suit, walking on the canal path with a walking stick. He had the biggest smile on his face and it was obvious that he was clearly enjoying himself. I had to draw inward and appreciate the simplicity of joy itself. Today was a good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog