4.5

Ran 4.5 tonight in the absolute bitter cold. I had to keep reminding myself that I 'LIKE' the cold..the cold is my friend...I am a cold weather kind of girl. For the first 30 seconds into my run, any passerby would most likely be chuckling at my self-chastisement; 'quit being such a sissy', 'F@&K, it's cold!', 'shut-up and just get on with it!', 'you're such a goddamn sissy!', 'get your ass up the freakin' hill!'. But once I hit the track I remembered why it is that I push myself out the door when those with a bit more sanity stay inside. For the next two miles I was throwing down negative splits and had the perpetual grin, which I've come to be known for, plastered on my face. So, rather than quit the track for the sidewalk, I bartered with myself...give me a good mile of 100's and we'll call it a day. Threw down 1.5 of 100's, including multiple negative splits and then meandered home. My ankle seems to be responding to the ace. Very little residual pain afterwards. Lifted for about a 1/2 hour, with a bit of homemade soup making responsibilities on the side... Need to throw down an hour of swimming tomorrow... Planning a Brick for Saturday.

-.5 up to UMW
- 2 easy track work
- 1.5 of 100's
- .5 home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog