Back on the trails

I'm going to incriminate myself here but I can't help not to. . . After Towpath marathon my body is taking longer to recover. My legs are tight and I'm exhausted but the weather is absolutely perfect. I went out for a run this morning but was deterred, as usual, and got a late start. I really wanted to hit the trails but really didn't have enough time. After hitting the canal path in 7:18 (usually takes 8:00) and then getting to Fall Hill in 15:20 (usually takes 17:00) I decided to push the envelope. Made it to the quarry in 27:20 and I felt amazing. Heck, if I turned around now I'd make it home in time to grab a shower before my conference call  but if I ran the USGS trail to the USGS outpost and back the ridgeline I'd be adding 3 miles but would be 15 minutes late for a call I rarely participate in. . I made my decision and my body responded. Ran 9 miles in 1:26:12 and was only a wee bit late to that call. It was an amazing run!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog