yeah. . .

I slept until 10:00 this morning. I don't know how it happened. Tony woke up early to get in a workout before heading north for a memorial service. I rolled over and went back to sleep, fully expecting to wake up in the next hour or so. I ended up sleeping another 3+ hours. I was hour of sorts so I got dressed and walked down to the farmer's market. I stopped by the butcher and picked up some stew meat, and then picked up makings for stew along with some apples. After making the stew and setting it to simmer I took off for my run. Since my run yesterday was so amazing, and heck, my body should be able to handle back to back 9-milers, I set off on the same route. I was wrong. I tanked. Perhaps it was the late start. . 1 pm . . and perhaps it was the temperatures. . 59F. . But that shouldn't have made me feel like I just ran a marathon. My hips hurt, I'm slightly off/out of it, and I'm exhausted. sigh. I need to figure out this recovery thing. Going hiking in Shenandoah tomorrow. This is probably not the best idea in terms of giving my body time to recover but it's a beautiful weekend and I want to get out to the mountains and cap it all off with a trip to DuCard vineyard. Sigh.
9 miles
crappy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog