sweetheart 4-miler

Woke up this morning feeling quite the granny, as anyone that tucks herself into bed at 8:30PM should. But there was a brilliant blue sky and a race to run; so I got myself out of bed, ate some breakfast, packed my bag and out the door I went. Underestimated the time it would take to drive to Cutis Park, but had a lot of time none-the-less. One of my many gripes about this race was that the bib pick-up was at least a 1/4 mile away from the chip pick-up and well, I did more sprinting at the beginning than I am comfortable with. And for the first time in history I had a full bladder which needed emptying BEFORE the race so I spent the majority of pre-race time in the long line to use the bathroom... on to more interesting topics.
The race itself was fine; I went out too fast, throwing down a 8:06 at Mile 1, took it down to 8:12 at Mile 2 and then really dropped down to 8:58 at Mile 3. I must have kept a steady pace because I finished in 34:06, which equates to a 8:32 pace. Felt good afterwards but realized that I really really don't like these short races! Resting tomorrow and then throwing down 8 on Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog