5 & swim

Got a text from D- right around 3:00 this afternoon. '5 at 5?' well, why, yesh! Laid down 5 good miles down the canal path to the River and back. We had a great run, so much so that I don't remember much about it. Except now, now I remember the extreme intestinal gas pains I was experiencing due to the copious amount of hummus I'd had for lunch. ouch! They never said that running was for sissies.. and when your running partner asks you to pull her finger, well, there's nothing that can be said or done after that to embarrass you or her.
After running, I took myself up to the gym and swam some laps - discovered how to be more effective in the water by pushing with my shoulders instead of my legs. I'm very excited!
Sleepy now- we've got 18 for the AM- followed by brunch! GW is in a week... and now my shins hurt, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog