Day #3

The day after election day. Sigh. We went to bed before 10 pm last night; I'm exhausted. There was no sense in staying awake to watch the election results. My participation in the process (other than my vote) really has no effect on the outcome. I learned this lesson with sports on television and the invention of the DVR hasn't helped change my mind. When I'm exhausted it's time to call it a night and go to bed. I slept really well- dinner consisted of ground steak meat sauted with mushrooms, peppers and spinach with a glass of wine. It was really tasty.
This morning I had a difficult time waking up. I avoided turning on the television or looking at my computer. Instead I stumbled into the kitchen and turned on the espresso machine. In my stupor I turned on the radio and the radio announcer on WTOP announced the winner of the presidential election. I let out a muffled whoop! and hopped into the air.
Before all that I stepped on the scale (weighing myself every morning) and I've lost 2.2lbs. I've been tracking my weight for the last few weeks and I know this isn't something to cheer about since my weight fluctuates from day to day. . . but I know I'm doing something different and making a conscious decision to eat differently. I'm going to tell myself that this is the beginning of the good things to come in the weeks ahead.

This time around I'm going to be smart about my workout schedule. When I attempted to go Paleo in July I expected to work out at the same intensity and duration without allowing myself time to adjust to the changes I was making to my diet. This morning I went to the gym and worked out on the elliptical for 45 minutes and then rowed 1,500 meters. I think I overdid it because I was seeing bright spots while I was showering and I've had a terrible headache all day. This condition is not unusual for me during or after an intense workout without proper hydration or if I have an electrolyte imbalance. Need to get this sorted out and get it into balance.

Time for dinner.  . . still deciding what that will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog