Paleo v2.1

Yesterday. November 5th, I hopped back on the bandwagon and am attempting Paleo again. I'm calling it Paleo v2.1. .
Sunday evening I met up with a friend for beers which ended with me consuming 3 pints and ordering a pizza. It would seem that consciously or sub-consciously, however you want to look at it, I was eating a last meal, chock full of carbs and all the yummy things I love but have been a major contributor to my increasing waistline. I topped it off the Trickling Springs chocolate peanut butter ice cream (so yummy!) to empty the fridge of the last of the dairy products and called it a night.  Monday morning I felt awful. As always, there were a variety of factors to which my malaise could be attributed - dehydration; feeling the full effects of hitting the ground full-force the day before; sleeping in a strange bed (we've been staying at my place for the last month); or all those carbs. Instead of hitting the gym I came home and curled up on the couch instead.
Breakfast: 
2 eggs
2 slices turkey
1 slice procuttio
baby carrots sauted

 Snack:
Banana
Handful of mixed nuts

Lunch:
1 bowl homemade butternut squash soup
1 apple

Dinner
1 chicken breast, sauted in garlic
cherry tomatoes, sauted
baby peppers, sauted
2 handfuls spinach, sauted/wilted over chicken
1 glass of wine
1 square, dark chocolate

Am I eating enough? Am I getting enough protein? nutrients? I stopped by Wegmans on my way home and stocked up on Paleo-friendly foods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog