Day 1

Today I start my 'detox' diet. Really it's just a protein diet that cuts out most carbs, sugar and dairy. The basic diet is: whole wheat toast with egg whites for breakfast, all the fruits and veggies I want with a piece of fish or chicken for lunch and all the fruits and veggies I want with a piece of fish or chicken for dinner.
I'm looking forward to the restrictions and am interested in how I will feel sans alcohol. So far this morning I've had:
2 cups coffee
4 strawberries
3 egg whites
1 slice bread
1/2 cup blueberries

Add 3 miles in humidity. I'm tired and hungry.

Friday morning I got out early and ran 9 miles through downtown. It wasn't anything fancy, just nice slow running with walk breaks as needed instead of every 8 minutes like usual. About 3 miles into the run Thursday night's dinner of spicy Thai hit me and I made use of the port-a-john at the dog park. Thank goodness for randomly placed port-a-johns. After the pit stop I continued the run and it was fabulous.

Took Saturday off and kayaked instead.

Sunday morning was 10 miles through town again. I kind of struggled through this run since it was warmer and more humid. I took Monday off since I'm feeling tired and groggy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swim 1 hour