16 Miles

Had a hard time waking up this morning to run my 16 miler. It was crisp but I like the cold so all in all it was a beautiful morning. I hopped out of bed with exactly 10 minutes to get my butt out the door and I succeeded. . . taking the time to fill my fuel belt, braid my hair, AND wash my face. I grabbed a powerbar and crossed my fingers that C- would be late. Whew! One disaster averted because yes, indeed C- was running a few minutes late. So there I stood on the street corner, a scantly clad runner, chowing down on her mobile breakfast. The run itself was fairly uneventful, well, kind of. As we're running I mention to C- that I was up at 6:00 with my throat on fire. . . at which point she tells me that I shouldn't be running. Mind you, we're not even 1/2 mile into the run and so I lie and tell her I'm feeling just fine. By the time we reach the front lot to pick up S- and H- I'm feeling better and it's a beautiful morning, so what's there to complain about? At the 1/2 way point I'm dying either from the pace or the now inflammed fever I've been ignorning. C- stays back with me and we set our own pace, slightly slower and within a couple of miles I'm starting to feel better, my internal temperature is coming down but my sinuses are still clogged. We finished up in just about 3 hours but I'm feeling good, for now, and looking forward to soaking and breakfast. Needless to say that pesky fever is back in full force and I won't be doing much of anything until I nip this one in the bud. Oy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog