Day 4

I really meant to come back yesterday and write about my morning run but the day got away from me.  The gist of it is that I ended up running close to 10 miles yesterday purely by accident. I met up with my running partner at 6:15 but instead of driving the 1.5 miles to our rendezvous point I ran. My rational was that three  weeks ago, before she went on vacation, she was running short and I would wrap up by myself. We ended up running 6.5 miles together and the remainder was my out and back from home. I was unprepared for the run. I'd had a really great meal on Wednesday night and then slept well but I had no energy and found myself apologizing for stopping more than one time. Breakfast consisted of the usual: 3 eggs, cherry tomatoes, spinach, turkey and red pepper w/ coffee. I packed a bowl of strawberries, cherries, and blueberries for snack w/ a packet of almond butter and an apple.  My energy didn't plummet like it did on Wednesday.  Lunch was salad greens, warmed chicken breast, capers, tomatoes, cucumber, and some sliced avocado. After work I stopped in for a growler fill. I'm lining up my cheat day items; beer, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, pizza, beer. Yes, beer is high on the list. I met up with F.A.R.T but didn't run - it was 95 degrees and my legs were dead from the morning run. I had a glass of white wine (still no beer until July 4th) but really wanted a pint. Before heading out to meet with a friend I cooked up some chicken, cherry tomatoes w/ spinach and some fresh dill I scored from a co-worker.  I'm still feeling good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog