8 miles

In the spirit of recognizing that my writing about my training is just about as sporadic as the training itself, I've realized that writing about it may actually keep me accountable. Had plans to run with Walker, if and only if she was awake when I sent her an email informing her I was up and wanting to run. As it turned out, she sent me an email and I accidentally ran 8 miles. . . on an empty stomach. It wasn't until I checked the pedometer app that I found the source of my 'empty tank' symptoms. . .instead of only being 1/2 mile to her house, it's a full mile and. . .and it was only 20 degrees. Therefore, my body was burning calories to stay warm on top of those that I was burning running on an empty stomach. Duh, Holly, the tank was empty. But run I did and it felt great to throw down 8 miles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog