Hjb Jambalaya 20130306

A few weeks ago I decided to purchase a Le Creuset Dutch Oven and have been experimenting with recipes ever since. Before I forget this awesome recipe; here is my take on Jambalaya.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3 links fresh andouille sausage, cut into disks
1 medium cooking onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1/2 cup scallions, diced
1 can italian style diced tomatoes
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups rice (I used a rice blend of red, wild and white rice)
2 cups peppers, diced (red, yellow, orange, green) (I used leftover mini-peppers because that's what I had in the fridge)
2 tbsp creole seasoning (I used the Cravin' Creole seasoning they sell at the butcher)
      [you can make your own  -Onion, Garlic, Green and Red Peppers, Paprika, Pepper, Cayenne, Thyme, and Oregano]
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 bay leaf
dash of salt

(1) In a dutch oven saute chicken with 1 tbsp creole seasoning; add sausage when chicken is almost completely cooked.
(2) add chicken stock, rice, celery, scallions, tomatoes to dutch oven
(3) in a separate pan saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent, add to dutch oven
(4) add remaining creole seasoning and bay leaf. 

Everything should be boiling at this point. Turn down to a simmer, cover with lid. Jambalaya will be ready to eat in 30 minutes but I suggest you let it sit for a bit longer if you can hold off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog