. .. sweet 16 -

So I've made a decision to get back to the basics and train solo (or at least not depend upon someone else for long runs, etc.) just like when I first started training to run marathons. It's not like I've sold out or anything, but adjusting my running schedule was starting to wear on me. So instead of waking at the crack of dawn and dragging my ass out the door I relaxed, made a very carb-rich breakfast, drank my coffee, responded to emails and read the news. At 1130, found my way out the door for my first solo long run in ages. Three beautiful, glorious hours all to myself. The temperature was perfect for bootie shorts (i.e running shorts), a technical short tee, a fleece and gloves. The trails were perfect, there was no wind, the sun was shining, and there was a lingering layer of snow in the shady parts. Talk about a beautiful day!
Afterward? the best and worst part; the winter ice-bath. . .so with cup of hot water in hand, and longsleeve fleece appropriately situated, I endured the first of many ice baths (and survived!). . .15 miles turned out to be 16 but really, who's counting?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog